Public Taster Sessions at Bladeworks 2018 are now FULL!
We’re delighted to be able to offer a range of Public taster workshops at this year’s Bladeworks. These will include workshops on the basic use of the longsword, messer, and basic cutting ability, and at least one other yet to be determined. We will supply all of the necessary equipment, all that you need to do is register, show up, and train! Do note that the basic cutting session will be using blunt weapons and synthetic targets to provide resistance to cuts so that we can teach good edge alignment and cutting mechanics. No sharp weapons will be handed out to members of the public!
- Places are limited to 12 per session, except for the cutting which which will be capped at 6 people.
- The age limit is 16+, under 18s require signed permission from a parent or guardian (may be brought to the first session), and accompaniment for the training session.
- Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Once we receive the completed registration form we’ll issue a PayPal invoice, a registrant’s place is only secured once the invoice is paid. Please note the invoice is not dispatched automatically, but generally soon after registration.
- Registrants have a 24hr grace period to make payment, at which stage if no payment has arrived we will offer their slot to the next person on the waiting list.
- All personal details and contact details are held and stored offline and telephone contact details are only used in the event of an emergency. We may send the occasional email about events or reminders to make sure everyone gets word.
- Please ensure that we are given details of any pertiment medical details or injuries. We will always do our best to accommodate these in the training and adapt the class content, but we need to know beforehand. Not disclosing leads to increased risk to yourself and to your classmates.